Pakistan is ranked as the 39th global economy per GDP measures.
The country exported products worth of $26.8 billion (69th of 222) and services worth $5.3 billion (41st of 88), That's a total export volume of $32.1 billion.
Since Pakistan's total import volume is $71.8 billion, the country has a negative trade balance of -$39.6 billion, although this is far from the only indicator of the nation's economic standpoint.
Read on to find out more.
Pakistan's Top 5 Commodity Exports
The top five commodity exports of Pakistan are:
- Rice – $1.98 billion
- Heavy Pure Woven Cotton – $989 million
- Light Pure Woven Cotton – $712 million
- Raw Sugar – $587 million
- Refined Petroleum – $484 million
Other Notable Exports
- House Linens – $3.5 billion
- Non-Knit Men's Suits – $1.6 billion
- Non-Retail Pure Cotton Yarn – $1.3 billion
- Non-Knit Women's Suits – $904 million
- Knit Sweaters – $765 million
The following statistics give additional insight on how Pakistan stands at the 39th by GDP:
- GDP Growth: 85% (2008-2018)
- GDP Total: $315 billion
- GDP Per Capita: $1,482
By GDP per capita metrics, Pakistan is the 163rd economy in the world.
Pakistan' Top 5 Commodity Imports
Several of the following top five commodity imports overlap with Pakitan's top exports:
- Refined Petroleum $5,756,078,945.58
- Crude Petroleum $4,157,542,325.57
- Petroleum Gas $3,284,077,284.80
- Palm Oil $1,978,214,892.96
- Scrap Iron $1,413,647,690.42
Other Notable Imports
- Coal Briquettes $1,383,802,367.85
- Raw Cotton $1,348,267,198.79
- Broadcasting Equipment $995,464,089.54
- Soybeans $888,168,485.21
- Mixed Mineral or Chemical Fertilizers $815,248,844.84
More Information on Exports and Imports
Find out which product categories top the list of exported and imported products, along with where the produce comes from, and where it goes to.
Export & Import Distribution by Product Categories
Pakistan's most exported products by category are:
- Textiles – $14.7 billion
- Vegetable Products – $3.66 billion
- Foodstuffs – $1.56 billion
- Mineral Products – $1.31 billion
- Animal Hides – $1.05 billion
While the most imported products by category are:
- Mineral Products- $14.9 billion
- Machines – $10.8 billion
- Chemical Products – $7.06 billion
- Metals – $5.73 billion
- Textiles – $5.31 billion
Export & Import Distribution by Destination Country & Origin
Most exports from Pakistan are sent to:
Meanwhile most imports originate from:
Sources & Further Reading
Our data was collected from:
- OEC – Economic overview, GDP stats, trading countries
- GlobalEdge – Individual commodity export-import data
Additional Commodity Resources
Our experts have covered several of Pakistan's top traded commodities on our commodity trading pages. These include guides:
- Cotton Trading
- Oil Trading
- Copper Trading
- Coffee Trading
- Sugar Trading
- Palm Oil Trading
- Iron Ore Trading
- Steel Trading
- Copper Trading
You can find more commodity trading guides as specific categories like:
Neighbouring Economic Profiles & Debt Clocks
All currency is reported in US dollars.
Interested in Trading Commodities?
Start your research with reviews of these regulated brokers available in .
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. Between 73.0%-89.0% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.